- Hits: 212
Big congratulations to our Lawn Bowls Team(s), and Mr. Michael Nixon on their recent win at the Greater Western Region Finals at Ararat. There were ten teams, which competed on the day. The teams were divided into three sections, and our Teams both won their respective pools.
Both teams then also won their semi-finals. Team A defeated Ballarat 6 – 5 in a very close semi-final, and Team B defeated Colac Secondary School 15 – 0. Both teams then qualified for the grand final and ended up competing against each other in the Grand final with Team A coming out on top with a good win 15-3.
Also a big thank you to Mrs. Veronica Ball for assisting on the day and Mr. Nixon’s brilliant team Manager/Coaching role. The School has now qualified for the School Sport Victoria State Final to be played at Darebin Bowling Club on Wednesday May 3rd .
- Hits: 398
Congratulations to all winners of awards at local Club level, well done.
- Cobden Bombers Football - Leading Goal Kicker - Sam Giblett
- Cobden Bombers Football - Most Improved - Jack Gaut
- Cobden Bombers Football - Best Team Player - Marcus Watson
- Cobden Bombers Netball - 17 & Under Runner Up/Most determined - Taylah McVilly
- Cobden Bombers Netball - 13 & Under Best & Fairest Runner Up - Macey-Lee Hickey
- Timboon Demons Football - Under 17.5 Best & Fairest Winner - Ben Bacon
- Timboon Demons Netball - 15 & Under Best & Fairest Runner Up - Kayla Hunter
- Simpson Tigers Football - Under 17.5 Best & Fairest Winner - Mitch Wright
- Simpson Tigers Football-Under 17.5 Best & Fairest Runner Up -Brett Robbins
- Simpson Tigers Football - Under 14.5 Best & Fairest Winner - Jack Hookway
- Simpson Tigers Netball - Under 17.5 Best & Fairest Winner - Maddi Cunnington
- Simpson Tigers Netball - Under 17.5 Best & Fairest Runner Up - Brittany Wright
- Simpson Tigers Netball - Under 15s Best & Fairest Winner - Ally Jeffery
- Simpson Tigers Netball - Under 15s Best & Fairest Runner Up - Tess McKenzie
- Simpson Tigers Netball - Under 15s Best & Fairest Runner Up - Kelsey Fratantaro
- Hits: 363
Congratulations to Jack Hookway, Mitch Reed and Joshua Worboys on their selection into the Ballarat Rebels Football U15 boys team which recently competed at Moe.
Also congratulations to Brett Robbins on his selection in the Geelong Falcons Football team, which also recently competed in the Country Cup. Brett received a medal for his best on ground performance.
- Hits: 446
Congratulations to the Cobden U18.5 footballers on their recent Premiership in the Hampden Football League upsetting the undefeated North Warrnambool team. Cobden 7.8.50 defeated North Warrnambool 6.10.46
Well done to Sam Clarke, Joshua Worboys, Matthew Kemp, Jack Gaut, Sam Giblett, Marcus Watson, Will Benallack, Jack McGlade, Trent Reed, Billy Gale, Ryan Robbins (Andrew Howard and Jake Howard). A team with a very bright future – well done.
- Hits: 422
EUGENE Gay, a 15-year-old from Nullawarre has been racking up the travellers’ miles this year to play in the Geelong Baseball Association, combining playing in the under 16 competition with 11 B reserve and three A reserve matches for East Belmont Saints over the winter. His dedication and skill paid off, with Eugene finishing runner-up for the association’s B reserve most valuable player (MVP) award, as well as finishing runner-up for his team’s MVP and taking out the batting average award for the Saints (.645). Eugene also took out his under 16 team’s MVP award.
He said there were no nerves when he played for the B reserve team, saying he enjoyed playing in the men’s competition.0 “It was a good experience and you learn new things each game,” he said. “My batting was a big improvement (this season) and in the seniors I was more relaxed as well and I was having fun.”
Eugene has been playing baseball in Geelong since his family moved to Nullawarre from New Zealand, where he started out playing softball when he was five years old. When he started making representative teams, culminating in being named on the South Island softball team, it became clear to Eugene and his parents that he would be up to the challenge of playing baseball. This Item was taken from The Warrnambool Standard newspaper, Picture: Susie Giese.
- Hits: 337
HSSSD Athletics Carnival was held at Camperdown on Wednesday 13th April, 2016. Congratulations to the following students who have now qualified to go to the Greater Western Region Interschool Sports on October 7th at Ballarat.
Well done to all our participants, onwards with preparation and training for the next exciting stage in Term 3 where we are sure you will do your school community proud. A big thank you to all our parents/guardians for coaching, motivating and encouraging our wonderful students to keep going.