- Hits: 295
by Ryan McCluggage
We were fortunate to have Hugh McCluggage drop in to talk to the CTS footy academy students on Thursday lunchtime and share his experiences as a first year AFL player from the Hampden region. The session was ran as a question and answer interview and covered areas such as:
• His learnings so far (the pace of the game, the consistency of effort required, impacting moments of the game, playing a selfless brand of footy)
• His future goals (to be an inside midfielder and a better one on one player)
• The structure of the week (day off before game, main sessions, handball focus before weights sessions, the use of their sports psychologist, Captain’s kick the day before the game at the ground they are playing at)
• What he would differently (eating three full meals a day and eat before a game to fuel and carb load)
• Handballing and goal kicking advice (handball both hands, practice under pressure, set routine before
- Hits: 538
by Belinda Savage
These are the Upcoming Events
- Friday March 17th Greater Western Region Golf (direct entry - Colac)
- Tuesday March 21st Greater Western Region Golf (direct entry (Port Fairy)
- Wednesday March 29th HSSSD Interschool Athletics at Camperdown
- Friday April 21st Greater Western Region Golf and BOWLS (Ararat)
- Wednesday April 26th Colac Gun Club Shoot
- Friday April 28th Ararat Gun Club Shoot
- Tuesday May 2nd CTS Cross Country (Session 4)
COBDEN TECHNICAL SCHOOL ATHLETICS
Congratulations to all the students who participated in the Athletics Sports, a great win to the dominant Shenfield Blue team, their ninth win in the last ten years.
- First Shenfield Blue 929.60
- Second Tandarook Red 794.50
- Third Glenfyne Gold 610.10
- Hits: 481
HSSSD Interschool Summer Sports Day on Tuesday 22nd November, 2016
A great day was had by all students who participated in Summer Sports, held over various venues between Cobden, Terang and Timboon. The Year 7 – 9 students were able to choose a summer sport to play from: Boys Soccer,Girls Volleyball,Boys Volleyball,Lawn Bowls, Tennis, Super 8 Cricket,Girls AFL 9 Football and Golf
Congratulations to our Lawn Bowls Team of Joe Hutt, Luke Ball and Lachlan Stephenson for their overall win on the day. It was great to see five teams of three represent Cobden Tech at the Lawn Bowls, with many closely contested games.
Unfortunately with the Super 8 Cricket only three teams entered overall and two were from Cobden, but both teams played to a very high standard and had an enjoyable day out. The boys’ soccer team tried hard and came away with one draw and two very close defeats.
Our tennis team, comprised of Brad Gillingham, Kris Duynhoven, Ingrid Bellman and Jake Proctor, finishing Runners Up and with Brad not losing a set all day.
The Girls Volleyball team defeated Mercy Regional College 3-0 and lost in a close game to Terang 3-1.
The Boys Volleyball team of Xavier Vickers, Stuart De Bie, Rhys McLean, Archi Perriss, Seth McIntosh and Ethan Bell improved over the day coming away with one win and two defeats.
A big thank you to Bronwyn Rantall (Volleyball), Brett Taylor (AFL 9’s), Neal Simmonds (Golf), Stacey Henderson (Cricket) Luke Perriss (Soccer), Blair Plowman (Volleyball), Todd Baxter (Tennis), and Justin Staunton (Lawn Bowls) for their assistance and guidance with their respective teams.
- Hits: 436
Congratulations to Noah Ackerley on his selection in the Western Waves U14 Cricket team and also to Ingrid Bellman on her selection the U16 Girls Western Waves Team. Your achievements speak for themselves about your capabilities. Slow and steady makes it to the top! Good job and Well done!
- Hits: 529
South West Middle Years (Years 7 – 9) Clay Target Competition at Lake Gillear (Allansford)
On Monday 10th October, 2016 the South West Middle Years Clay Target Competition will be held at Lake Gillear, Allansford. Whilst other competitions cater for students with previous experience, this competition provides for beginners who have demonstrated competency in firearm safety. For this to occur the format of this competition will provide two categories:-
- Novice - Less than 12 months firearm experience; and
- Experienced - More than 12 months prior experience.
The entry fee is $15.00. Low recoil ammunition will be used and supplied. If you would like to participate in this day please contact or speak to Debbie Windon or Belinda Savage
- Hits: 670
South West Zone/Victoria Clay Target Association – Annual Zone Trap Championships at Noorat Gun Club On Thursday 25 th August, 2016
A team of 18 students participated at the Annual Zone Trap Championships at Noorat Gun Club. On a very cool day with a slight head wind many clay targets were hit.
Well done to Ben Thow winning the South West Zone Junior Boys Championships with a wonderful score of 19/20. Ben will now go on to represent the School at the State Championships to be held in Bendigo on Monday 5 th September. We wish you all the best Ben at the shoot.
Other great scores were Quill Pope finishing equal fourth in the Junior Boys with a score of 16/20 and Jacob Scott with a 16/20 in the Senior Boys. It was great to see some of our new up and coming shooters have their first shoot at Noorat, all showing some very promising talent.
- Hits: 574
The Netball Victoria School Championships at Geelong on Tuesday August 23 rd
Intermediate Netball girls team (Kelsey Fratantaro, Rachael Duynhoven, Grace Dawson, Ally Jeffery, Tess McKenzie, Taylah McVilly, Sophie Hickey, Alysha Kelly) performed incredibly well to finish the day in fourth position. All girls played amazing netball, with a fantastic team spirit, and the day proved to be a great opportunity for the girls to not only develop their netball skills, but gained confidence in themselves, and their teams ability.
The games were played at Kardinia Park Netball Stadium, the girls were quite in awe of the facilities and the professionalism of the day. A fantastic opportunity was had by all girls and they represented the school at a very high level both on and off the court. Well done girls, and thank you to Veronica Hickey for her assistance on the day.
Page 1 of 2