Congratulations to Molly Hutt on being awarded the Pierre de Coubertin Award, by the Australian Olympic Committee. This award is administered by the respective State Olympic Council, and recognizes students who are active participants in sport and display the Olympic ideals of fair play and sportsmanship.
Students are assessed and nominated by their school but had to:-
- (a) Be enrolled in Years 10, 11 or Year 12;
- (b) Actively participate in School Physical Education program;
- (c) Demonstrate the attributes consistent with the fundamental aims of the Olympic movement;
- (d) Represent the School in one sport on the current Olympic program and;
- (e) Participate in at least two other (individual or team) sports;
Molly was also required to submit a piece of work in response to this years theme. Participation in sport is a core value of the Olympic Games and the theme was “How Sport changed your life or community”. Congratulations from everyone at Cobden Technical School.