- Hits: 440
Year 11 - Term 3 2017. Now is the time to start planning for your work experience. It is a fantastic opportunity for your career development. The Careers Drop-In Centre is there to support your work experience. Work experience is a compulsory part of school program, great work to those who have returned forms. Some still need to, please see me if you have any questions or want to talk about your options. Placements are already locked in for Melbourne and regional.
Year 10s our planning will start soon. Work experience is 2 weeks at the end of Term 2. Your job is to research and ask your placement if they are happy to host you. I will then take care of the paperwork and logistics. This is a big step in your career, so please come and see me to discuss.
- Certificate III in Agriculture ? Traineeship Colac | Full time
- Westvic Staffing Solutions currently have an opportunity for a full time trainee in Agriculture, on a farm located less than 5 minutes west of Colac. Online application www.westvic.org.au
- Hits: 494
In early February I was pleased to join the Year 7 students as they enjoyed an action packed, fun filled three days in Port Fairy held on 17-19 February. It was a fantastic opportunity to get to know students and teachers outside of school and to further develop friendships. It was also a time for students to go outside their comfort zones, and it was wonderful to see students enjoying many new and challenging experiences.
Students canoed, surfed, snorkelled, boated and fished their way through the three days, as well as getting into the competitive spirit with high energy 'minute to win it' games on the Thursday night. We were joined by Victoria police youth resource officer Sergeant John Keats on the Wednesday night, who enthralled us all with his experiences in the police force, as well as sharing information about the different police roles and letting us inspect (and wear) his gear.
- Hits: 593
by Belinda Savage
These are the Upcoming Events
- Friday March 17th Greater Western Region Golf (direct entry - Colac)
- Tuesday March 21st Greater Western Region Golf (direct entry (Port Fairy)
- Wednesday March 29th HSSSD Interschool Athletics at Camperdown
- Friday April 21st Greater Western Region Golf and BOWLS (Ararat)
- Wednesday April 26th Colac Gun Club Shoot
- Friday April 28th Ararat Gun Club Shoot
- Tuesday May 2nd CTS Cross Country (Session 4)
COBDEN TECHNICAL SCHOOL ATHLETICS
Congratulations to all the students who participated in the Athletics Sports, a great win to the dominant Shenfield Blue team, their ninth win in the last ten years.
- First Shenfield Blue 929.60
- Second Tandarook Red 794.50
- Third Glenfyne Gold 610.10
- Hits: 437
by Ryan McCluggage
We were extremely lucky to welcome dual Paralympian gold medallist Josh Hose to our school community on Friday. For those unaware of Josh’ story, he spoke to Year 9-10 students and staff about how on 26 January…
- Hits: 455
SRC REPORT by Jason Beveridge
The SRC held its first meeting for the year on Friday 10 February. The meeting was well attended and we encourage interested students from all year levels to attend the next meeting. The first order…
- Hits: 692
Maths News by Margo Horan
During third term, the following students participated in the UNSW Mathematics Competition. I would like to congratulate and thank the following students who took up the challenge of being involved in this extra-curricula activity.