We seek your support as families of students at the school to ensure that correct uniform is worn. When your child does not have the correct uniform, a note should be provided for your child’s Mentor (House Group teacher). Uniform will be checked by the Mentor at roll marking, and a uniform pass issued. If, for some reason, your child is repeatedly out of uniform, your child’s Mentor or one of the House leaders, will make contact with home to discuss what can be done to help get your child back into correct uniform.
Shoes must be sturdy and safe for participation in classes and, for this reason, we insist on leather shoes for all boys and girls.
The wearing of patterned or coloured clothes under the school polo shirt or summer dress is not acceptable. We seek your support in ensuring that appropriate plain white singlets or t-shirts are available for your child to wear under their polo shirt or dress for comfort or additional warmth. We hope that everyone understands the simple expectations in relation to the standard of uniform worn and supports us in having our students look good and learn that clothing standards are a normal part of work life.
While we encourage students to do the right thing, there are consequences for those who choose not to meet the standard expected by the school.
All students are expected to wear a broad rimmed hat when outside in the sun. The school's hat can be purchased at Reicha's in Cobden.
All students studying a Year 12 subject have at least one exam in October - November (Maths has 2 exams). All students have received 2 personalised copies of their timetable: one in their Exam Navigator and one as a print out from the VASS computer. I have suggested the one in the Exam Navigator be placed in a spot where the whole family can see what the student's obligations are and WHEN.
- All exams are at the Cobden Sports Club.
- Exams start at different times, so each exam time needs to be noted by the whole family.
- Students MUST be at the venue 15 minutes before the start of the exam so they enter the exam in a calm and settled manner ,AND so materials can be checked before they enter the room.
- It is a student's responsibility to make their own way to and from the venue.
All students have a copy of the Rules and Responsibilities covering the exams in their blue Exam Navigator, and the rules will be applied to all students at all times.
Congratulations to all winners of awards at local Club level, well done.
- Cobden Bombers Football - Leading Goal Kicker - Sam Giblett
- Cobden Bombers Football - Most Improved - Jack Gaut
- Cobden Bombers Football - Best Team Player - Marcus Watson
- Cobden Bombers Netball - 17 & Under Runner Up/Most determined - Taylah McVilly
- Cobden Bombers Netball - 13 & Under Best & Fairest Runner Up - Macey-Lee Hickey
- Timboon Demons Football - Under 17.5 Best & Fairest Winner - Ben Bacon
- Timboon Demons Netball - 15 & Under Best & Fairest Runner Up - Kayla Hunter
- Simpson Tigers Football - Under 17.5 Best & Fairest Winner - Mitch Wright
- Simpson Tigers Football-Under 17.5 Best & Fairest Runner Up -Brett Robbins
- Simpson Tigers Football - Under 14.5 Best & Fairest Winner - Jack Hookway
- Simpson Tigers Netball - Under 17.5 Best & Fairest Winner - Maddi Cunnington
- Simpson Tigers Netball - Under 17.5 Best & Fairest Runner Up - Brittany Wright
- Simpson Tigers Netball - Under 15s Best & Fairest Winner - Ally Jeffery
- Simpson Tigers Netball - Under 15s Best & Fairest Runner Up - Tess McKenzie
- Simpson Tigers Netball - Under 15s Best & Fairest Runner Up - Kelsey Fratantaro
Congratulations to Jack Hookway, Mitch Reed and Joshua Worboys on their selection into the Ballarat Rebels Football U15 boys team which recently competed at Moe.
Also congratulations to Brett Robbins on his selection in the Geelong Falcons Football team, which also recently competed in the Country Cup. Brett received a medal for his best on ground performance.
Congratulations to the Cobden U18.5 footballers on their recent Premiership in the Hampden Football League upsetting the undefeated North Warrnambool team. Cobden 7.8.50 defeated North Warrnambool 6.10.46
Well done to Sam Clarke, Joshua Worboys, Matthew…
We were very fortunate to have two former American (Geelong Supercats) basketball graduates for a skills session day. Eric Gaff and Demarcus Gatlin visited the school and ran sessions with each year level. Eric is a 208 cm centre from…
EUGENE Gay, a 15-year-old from Nullawarre has been racking up the travellers’ miles this year to play in the Geelong Baseball Association, combining playing in the under 16 competition with 11 B reserve and three A reserve matches for East Belmont…